What is geotextile? Geotextile is the ideal and new type of geosynthetics products widely used for civil construction applications such as roads, harbors, reservoirs, canals, dams and many others retaining construction to improve soil stability, provide erosion control or aid in drainage. BPM brand geotextile is made with by woven or non-woven technology, weaving process or wet net forming process. Our geotextile is the geosynthetic materials with the general width is 4-6 meters and the length is 50-100 meters.
What is geotextile Categories?
Geotextile can be divided into woven geotextile and non woven geotexile. There are four kinds of geotextile in the market such as Short Fiber Needled Punched Geotextile Fabric, Filament Polyester Geotextile, Polypropylene Woven Geotextile Fabric and Pet Woven Geotextile, etc.
Following are the brief introduction of the two main types of geotextile products, woven geotextile and non woven geotexile. More detailed information available.
1. Nonwoven geotextile sheet. This kind of geotextiles are typically made from polyester or polypropylene by needle punching and thermally bonding process to form strong fabric that retains its dimensional stability and is resistant to damage from construction stresses. It can be used as the lining materials of the river, sea and lake embankment. They also apply for in the such projects as reclamation, terminal, flood prevention and emergency rescue, and so on, which is an effective way of soil and water conservation and piping prevention. Nonwoven geotextile sheet includes filament non woven geotextile and staple fiber needled punched geotextile fabric.
Short fiber needle punched geotextile sheet is one kind of nonwoven and industrial geotechnical fabric which is using polyester crimped staple fiber as raw material, with the length of 54-64mm and the fiber number is 6-12mil, formed by non-woven production equipment, through loose, comb, clutter (the short fibers interweave together), network(normalized entanglement and solidification), needle punched and other production processes. It features like acid and alkali resistance, corrosion resistance, aging resistance, high strength, stable size, good filtration and so on. The main function of short fiber needle punched geotextile sheet is to strengthen, isolate, reverse filter, drain, widely used in water conservancy, highway, railway and other fields.
2. Woven geotextile sheet includes polypropylene woven geotextile and pet woven geotextile fabric, etc. Woven geotextile is made of high density polypropylene or polyester by woven and blended by two rows of parallel virgin polypropylene yarns (or tape yarn) into planar, permeable textile patters with various thickness and compactness for different applications, or by woven method and entangled into stable fabric pattern by special warp straight matting process. The woven geotextile is widely used for reinforce and stabilize the structure of steep slope, soft sub-grade foundation and embankment, retaining soil cover, landfills, etc.
BPM brand geotextile sheet has good water conductivity. It can form a drainage channel inside the soil, where the excess liquid and gas can be let outside the soil structure. It can diffuse, transmit or decompose the concentrated stress effectively and prevent the soil from being damaged by external forces. It also can prevent the mixing of upper and lower sand, soil and concrete. For its good water permeability, BPM brand geotextile sheet can keep good behavior under the pressure of water. It features Simple construction, light weight, easy to use, simple construction.
What is geotextile functions?
Geotextile sheet has the function of seperation, filtering, drainage, reinforcement, protection and puncture prevention, etc.
- Separation. Separate building material (soil and sand, soil and concrete, etc) with different physical properties (particle size, distribution, consistency and density, etc.) by using needle punched geotextiles, which made of short fiber polyester.
- Filtering. As the good permeability, needle punched geotextiles sheet can effectively intercepting soil particles, fine sand, small stone and keeping the stability of overall projects, when the water flows from the fine soil to the coarse one.
- Drainage. It can form a drainage channel inside the soil and remove excess liquid or gas from the soil structure.
- Reinforcement. The needle punched geotextiles sheet can be used to enhance the tensile strength and resistance to deformation ability of soil, meanwhile, to improve the stability of the building structure and soil quality.
- Protectiont. It can effectively diffuse, transfer or decompose the concentrated stress to prevent the soil from being destroyed by external forces, when the water scouring the soil.
- To prevent puncture. Combined with geomembrane, it becomes a composite waterproof and impervious material, with high tensile strength, good permeability, air permeability, high temperature resistance, anti-freezing, aging resistance, corrosion resistance, etc.
What is geotextile Appications?
The geotextile produced by BPM is typically made from high quality polyester staple fiber. Many types of non-woven or needled punched geotextiles are made from polypropylene, nylon, vinylon or mixed fiber in demand. Geotextile sheet has the function of isolation, filtering, drainage, reinforcement, protection and sealing. So geotextiles and related products have many applications including roads, airfields, railroads, embankments, retaining structures, reservoirs, canals, dams, bank protection, coastal engineering. It is robust and durable which is widely used to separate, filter, reinforce, protect, or drain in civil construction applications such as roads, harbors, reservoirs, canals, dams and many others retaining construction to improve soil stability, provide erosion control or aid in drainage.
(1) Reinforcement in the backfill of the retaining wall or a panel for anchoring the retaining wall. Building a parcel retaining wall or abutment.
(2) To reinforce the flexible pavement, repair the cracks on the road and prevent the pavement from reflecting cracks.
(3) To increase the stability of gravel slope and reinforced soil, and prevent soil erosion or freeze damage of soil at low temperature.
(4) Used as an isolating layer between artificial fill and rock-fill or material fields and foundations.
(5) It plays the role of isolation, filtration and reinforcement between different frozen soil layers.
(6) The filter layer of the upstream dam about the ash or tailings. Used as a drainage system in backfill soil of retaining wall.
(7) Be used as filter layer around drainage pipe or surrounding rock drainage ditch.
(8) The filter layer of well, relief well or inclined pressure pipe in hydraulic engineering.
(9) The separation layer between highway, airport, railway, and artificial mound, etc.
(10) Can be buried in soil to dissipated gap water pressure, and vertical or horizontal drainage.
(11) The drainage following the impermeable geomembrane of earth dam or embankment and the lower part of concrete revetment.
(12) To eliminate the seepage of the tunnels, to reduce the pressure of the lining and the water seeping around the buildings.
(13) The drainage of artificial filled soil and the sports ground.
(14) To strengthen the soft foundation in highway (including temporary roads) railway, embankment, airport and other projects.
The polyester and polypropylene are the often used raw materials, the unit weight is about 100 ~ 800g/m2. In addition, it can be not only used as reinforcement materials to strengthen or build a lightweight retaining wall, but also can reduce the pore water pressure under embankment. The development of non-woven geotextile is later than that of woven geotextiles. There are two production methods like woven and needle punched process which is more common. Nowadays, non-woven geotextiles sheet has been widely used in the settlement of roadbed subsidence, the drainage system of earth-rock dam, the underground drainage pipe, the weak foundation reinforcement, the protection of various embankment and other engineering filtering layers. Therefore, the development of non-woven geotextile is very fast, and has become the main component of geotextile sheet. If you are interested in our geotextie, welcome to visit our factory for detailed introduction and cooperation.
BPM had provided many types of high quality geomembranes, geotextile and other geosynthetics to over 36 countries. Our main customers are from Australia, France, Sweden, UK, Hong Kong, Hungary, New Zealand, Poland, Mexico, Ecuador, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Sri Lanka, India, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kenya, Ghana, Ethiopia, Somalia, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Mongolia etc.
BPM is not only fabricating high quality geosynthetics products, but also providing professional design and installation service. OEM and ODM are also available.
If you have any questions or inquiries, please fill and submit the following form, we will reply as soon as possible.